Monday, February 7, 2011

Lets Crochet together!

I have decided to host a crochet along! If anyone is interested that is :) I have a big desire to complete something large, but I get side tracked with other things and never seem to get anywhere. I find, if I can't start and complete a project in a matter of a few days, I never get around to getting it done. But I really REALLY want to make an afghan for my couch!! I've wanted to for a long time now. I bought an instruction booklet about 10 years ago, and haven't even started on it. Yikes!

So that's where the crochet along comes in! I figured if I had a way to be held somewhat accountable for it, I'd actually finish it. I have this book:

63 Easy to Crochet Pattern Stitches

I love it. It is written for beginners, but it is perfect for any skill level. It has 63 different stitch squares, so it's a great book to learn something new from! The booklet explains gauge and how to obtain it. It explains how to block a finished square, how join the finished squares together, and so much more. It also explains how to complete every stitch in detail and includes pictures. It's really a great book if you are looking to learn to crochet, or just to improve your stitchin' skills.

Of course, you can choose a different book, or just do your own thing! That book is just an idea for those of you who may not even know where to begin. But I'm thinking for this crochet along, lets all do a blanket of some sort. That way we can all have a big finished piece to show off :)

My idea is to check in once a week to see where we are all at. We can begin maybe next week. That should give everyone enough time to check in, get ideas together, and gather materials. Comment here if you are joining up! If you have a blog, leave a link so we can all follow each other. If, not I will make an album on the Clover's Garden fan page you can upload your progress photo's there.

If you have questions on how to complete a stitch, or are stuck on a pattern, you can email me at cloversgarden@yahoo.com, leave it on the FB page, or comment on the check in blog post for that week to see if someone can help. I think this will be a fun way to complete a big project!

Happy hookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment