Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let me introduce myself......

My name is Bekki, and I am the momma behind Clover's Garden. I have a pseudo hubby (we aren't married yet, but someday) and an absolutely adorable little girl (see header pictures) Clover. She is my inspiration for all the things I create in the shop. I was searching for an ear flap hat for miss Clover and I just couldn't find anything I liked. Everything was plain and boring......so I decided to just do it myself. I have always loved to crochet, but hadn't picked up a hook in years. I came across Inner Hooker's shop on Etsy purely by accident. I don't even think I was searching for patterns at all. But, there they were. So I bought a couple, and set them aside. About a week later, I got a wild hair and set out to make one of the hat patterns. I finished it faster than I thought I would, and I was really happy with it. It was the Raccoon ear flap hat. I just loved it, and so did Clover. She didn't mind having in on her head, and boy did she look stinkin' cute! Hubs uploaded a picture to his facebook of her wearing the hat and next thing you know......I had several messages in my inbox requesting hats. So I got to work. And then I had more orders, and more. I was even getting asked about them when we were out and about! Before I knew it, I had a little business growing that I hadn't even planned on, named or thought about. I needed to keep track of it all, and I wanted to make myself easy to find on the internet.......low and behold the Etsy shop opened, and Clover's Garden began to grow. Christmas was a blur of scarfs, hats and more. The more hats I make, the faster and better I get! I love every minute of my crochet time, and I enjoy that I can make things for little ones to keep them happy, and warm. And I love that my Clover inspired it all to happen.

I also work a full time job as a graphic artist, designing boring stuff like car battery labels and produce labels that you probably never look at much when you are shopping. It's safe to say that if you live in the US or Canada, you probably have something that I have had my hands in either in your house, or in your car! And now, possibly on your little one's head :)

I always strive to bring you the same quality that I look for when shopping for my own little one. If I can find a way to improve, I do it. If I can find a better material to offer, I'll switch. I examine each item carefully before sending it out to you to make sure I feel 100% good about sending it to you! I would rather email you and say that your hat had to be re-done because something wasn't right, then send you something I didn't feel good about. That's how I operate here. If you aren't happy, then neither am I! You can trust the quality that comes withe the Clover's Garden tag.

I am also always open to custom orders! Just because it isn't listed in my shop, doesn't mean I can't do it. There are HUNDREDS of color combinations available, and I could never make them all and guess which one would make people happy. If you have special colors in mind, just send me an email and I can make a custom listing for you! My goal is to make you and your little one happy.

I think that's about it for info on me and the shop. Looking forward to making something up for your little one's!

-Bekki

No comments:

Post a Comment